Gary R. Clayton, Psy.D. - Founder / Director
Dr. Clayton is a proven professional executive with over 35 years of experience in business start-up, turnaround, management, marketing, and sales of technology products and services. He has significant and extensive arbitration mediation and negotiation experience in conflicts involving healthcare disputes, business agreements/contracts, finance and property disputes, accident and injury, and family matters. Dr. Clayton specializes in identifying well-considered eloquent solutions for his client’s particular situations and circumstances. Having owned and operated several successful ventures in healthcare, technology, and food products and services, he is keenly aware of the inherent conflicts in the marketplace and the opportunities for fair and thoughtful resolution.
- Member of Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) Independent Dispute Resolution (IDR) arbitration / mediation panel for Medical Surprise Billing.
- Member of Virginia SCC Bureau of Insurance Independent Dispute Resolution arbitration panel for settling billing disputes between out-of-network health care providers and health plans.
- Member of Washington State Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner arbitration panel supporting the states’ Balanced Billing Protection Act (BBPA).
- Member of Michigan State Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) Surprise Medical Billing arbitration panel.
- Over 500 arbitrations performed.
- Member of the Dallas BBB arbitration panel since 2009.
- Member of the Arlington Virginia BBB arbitration panel since 2015.
- Member of the FINRA arbitration panel since 2019.
- Member of the Roster of Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Mediators since 2011
- Actively involved with Southern Methodist University’s Department of Dispute Resolution as an arbitrator, mediator, and mediation coach.
- Professor at Southern Methodist University’s Department of Dispute Resolution Graduate program.
- Actively involved with Dallas County’s Dispute Resolution Center (DCDRC) as a mediator.
Dr. Clayton is a graduate of prestigious Saint Marks Preparatory School in Dallas, Texas where he also sat on the board of trustees. He received a B.S. degree in Applied Engineering Mathematics from the University of Colorado School of Engineering, M.S in Operations Research and Engineering Management from Southern Methodist University (SMU) School of Engineering, M.A. in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) from SMU School of Education and Human Development, and a Psy.D. in Mediation and Conflict Resolution from University of the Rockies.
Dr. Clayton's professional memberships include TAM (Texas Association of Mediators), TMCA (Texas Mediator Credentialing Association), Arbitrate.com, Mediate.com, Association of Conflict Resolution (ACR), and Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychologists (SIOP). He is a Credentialed Advanced Mediator (CAM) by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, Certified Online Mediator, and a Certified Mediator for elder, civil, and family Texas court-annexed cases.